27 Mar 2020
How does a Christian respond to the coronavirus pandemic? This message from Pr Fraser Catton explores 2 Corinthians 1:1-11 and how we can face any experience Unafraid because of the comfort of God.
Questions to Consider
The citizens of Corinth lived for status and comfort.
1. How would you define comfort?
2. How does our society view suffering: as a blessing or a curse?
Instead of drawing him further from God, suffering drew Paul closer because he could more connect with Jesus and the suffering He went through.
1. Has your understanding of suffering changed over time? How?
2. Think of a difficult experience you've been through. How did God grow you through that time?
God gives us comfort, not to make us comfortable but to make us comforters.
1. If you could ask God to provide comfort to one person, who would it be? Why?
2. How could He use you to provide that comfort?
Making it Real
1. Who can you serve this week? How?
2. Reflect on some experiences where you have been comforted by God. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to opportunities to share that comfort with someone else.